The World Day of Prayer service offering is a prayer gesture of sharing our resources with women and children around the world. There is no small offering, but a spirituality that integrates prayer and action. We all have something to offer.
In 2021, the Women’s Inter-Church of Council dedicated $60,000 to 16 World Day of Prayer grant recipients in Canada and internationally, including Vanuatu.
For their country, the WDP Vanuatu committee recommended projects that were sponsored by various churches represented in the WDP committee and the Vanuatu Council of Churches. The focus was on training workshops, below, to address the needs of women in the communities.
Economic empowerment of women – Anglican Church Women Mothers
- Training workshop to educate and empower women to start their own business within the communities or in the urban area.
Trauma counseling – Presbyterian Women’s Missionary Union
- Five day-workshop for 30 participants from nine presbyteries to equip women and men for trauma counselling.
Training of trainers
- Five day-workshop for 12 unemployed women from rural area.
Women and disaster recovery – Apostolic Church Women
- January to May training for women on agricultural tools and planting materials to preserve crops during cyclone season and disaster recovery.
Capacity Building on Leadership Development – Churches of Christ Vanuatu Christian Women’s Fellowship
- Train 200 young women to take leadership roles in decision-making bodies at the local governance, provincial and national government. The two-week workshops will be held in four different geographical areas from January to October 2022.
Women in Decision Making – Catholic Church
- Build capacity of women leaders to actively participate in the decision-making in the communities. There would be a total of 57 participants from six islands.
Widows’ capacity building – Catholic Church
- Participation of 20 widows in the community to have self-resilience.
Live more abundantly – Seventh Adventist Church
- Educate women to combat lifestyle related diseases such as diabetes, obesities. Workshops in 4 locations with 18 educational sessions in the program with 3 Sessions: health assessments, achievement celebrations, followed by weekly Live More Abundantly club sessions and Reflect Circles.