« If you are no longer the World Day of Prayer Coordinator for your area, please quickly pass this letter on to the person who is and let our office know about the change (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Or if there is no Coordinator for your area, please tell us that too.
Hello World Day of Prayer Coordinator 2024!
We are excited to soon bring you the World Day of Prayer (WDP) 2024 program which was written by Christian women in Palestine. The theme is “I Beg You … Bear With One Another In Love” based on Ephesians 4: 1-7. Resources will be available on November 1, 2023.
World Day of Prayer Coordinator is an important role, and your help in planning a service and telling others in your community about it is greatly appreciated.
Photos from Palestine – remember WDP donations fund grants all over the world!
We are happy to bring you all the information you need to coordinate a service:
- The WICC website, wicc.org, has all the resources you will need. These will be accessible by November 1, 2023. Use your email address to register and access service resources after this date. If you do not have an email address, please recruit a friend or relative or church member who is willing to share theirs and receive information about WDP. Need help to register? Contact your area field rep listed at the bottom of this message. After registering, you will also receive emails with WDP updates and information about special events. Note: If you have registered as a coordinator on wicc.org in the past, you do not need to do it again.
- Access information on coordinating WDP at: https://wicc.org/world-day-of-prayer/how-to-participate/. You can find the Leader’s Planning Guide there by November 1, 2023. This document includes ideas for preparing for the service.
- The 2021 – 2023 videos of a recorded WDP service were so popular that we are making another one for 2024! It has participants from across Canada with closed captioning.
- You can download the 2024 WDP service video for free after February 1, 2024.
- You can buy a USB memory stick ($20) that includes the service video as well as music from Palestine, a devotional message, service PowerPoint, PowerPoint about Palestine, and a video about Palestine that you can play during your WDP gathering. Order online at wicc.org/wicc-store. With the USB, you will also receive a paper copy of the worship service, a bulletin version, information on Palestine, and offering envelopes. These will be shipped in the New Year but please order as soon as possible.
- The WDP Worship Service will be available to you as a computer file when you log in for service resources. The Service is available in English, bilingual English and French, Spanish, and German.
- There’s lots more for World Day of Prayer that will be available on our website as of November 1st: posters, music, recipes, hymn suggestions, a devotional video message, a PowerPoint service and much more. All resources are available to download for free.
- For free Offering Envelopes, please order online or call or email our office.
If you have been a coordinator before, these changes may be new to you:
- Coordinators can order online using your email (there are no Service tracking numbers).
- Ordering online is easy and you no longer need the printed order form.
- Get the music for free from our website or order a USB with resources. CD’s are no longer produced.
We Are Here to Support You
If you need assistance to register or log in, or any other aspect of World Day of Prayer, please contact your WDP Field Rep:
|Field Rep Area
|BC, AB, SK, YT, NT, NU
|QC, NB, PE, NS, NL
Or contact the WICC office administrator, Nancy Weir, at 416-929-5184 or email@example.com
Save the Dates: Saturday, November 18, 2023 from 1-2pm EST for an online WDP Coordinators’ Network event. Register online for the Zoom link at wicc.org/get-involved/events/
Online National Festival Day – January 13, 2024 at 1:30 pm EST. Registration will be available in November.
Thank you so much!
Executive Director WICC
Gathering together in a worldwide movement of informed prayer and prayerful action for peace, justice, and reconciliation.