Great services are starting to be planned for World Day of Prayer 2020. It’s never too early to consider how the service will be advertised. Word of mouth is often best – friends talking to friends, neighbours chatting with neighbours, co-workers inviting other co-workers, and discussions within community churches.
The following list might serve as a useful checklist to keep the momentum rolling!
- Print posters, forward media releases, send out invitations, supply bulletin inserts to community churches;
- Mention World Day of Prayer when you see people. Face to face invitations can work best.
- Call, email and text friends, neighbours and community groups. Use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Put up posters in churches, community centers, ice arenas, grocery stores, libraries, post offices, etc.
- Notify community churches with phone calls to pastors, office administrators and contacts for any church organizations. Ask for the service to be marked on church calendars, websites, print bulletins and electronic messaging boards.
- Advertise using free sites such as online community newsletters.
- Contact local, provincial and federal politicians, and other community leaders to attend.
- Check the wicc.org service map by Feb. 1. Make sure the church/location is correct. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any revisions.