Offerings received through the World Day of Prayer transform our prayers into action in the form of project grants that empower women and children in our own country and throughout the world. All regions share in the grants, with consideration given to greatest need.
- Canadian organizations supporting local or international initiatives for women;
- Canadian ecumenical organizations;
- denominational groups that have ecumenical outreach and serve women within the wider community;
- local women’s groups in Canada
Applications which support program work with women in the following areas will be considered: violence against women, economic justice, health, education, racism, and peace. We encourage projects that:
- are cooperative and promote self-sufficiency
- contribute to raising awareness of underlying causes of suffering
- contribute to women’s empowerment
- enable women to develop their full potential
- provide education and training for women
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
Go to wicc.org, and click on Grant Programs for more information. Direct link: https://wicc.org/grant-programs/world-day-of-prayer-grant/
Note: Applicants or their partner organizations must have a Canadian charitable registration number.