World Day of Prayer Service Options for 2022
Given that COVID-19 may restrict options for gathering, we ask you to consider a number of safe ways to celebrate World Day of Prayer 2022 – England, Wales, Northern Ireland.
- Watch, as an individual or in groups, a full-length service video featuring participants from across Canada.
This 55 minute recording includes all sections of the World Day of Prayer 2022 Service booklet.
This service can be accessed in a number of ways:
- Go to the Coordinator section of wicc.org.
- Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada website (wicc.org) between February 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022.
- USB memory stick for the computer.
- Gather via Zoom and assume the various speaking roles in the WDP 2022 Service booklet. Recruit an individual who is comfortable setting up Zoom calls.
- Gather in smaller groups at home to read through and discuss the service. Abide by any precautionary measures that local health authorities have put in place to ensure safe practices.
- Gather in churches for a more traditional service with readers, and abide by any precautionary measures that local health authorities have put in place to help ensure safe practices.
Please note any physical distancing requirements, seating capacity for church, safe practices for singing, avoidance of communal food, protected use of microphones, access to hand sanitizing or hand washing stations, safe ways to donate, and careful ways to greet each other.
Details on how to plan a traditional service are available in a separate document.