Donations are gratefully received as they are vital for maintaining World Day of Prayer and delivering the Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada’s grant program.
Anyone attending a World Day of Prayer service should have an opportunity to donate.
ONLINE DONATIONS: We are encouraging online donations. This practice will assist with compliance of COVID-19 precautions and requires less processing of funds by coordinators.
Individuals can use the DONATE button on the WICC website (www.wicc.org/donate). Or go to wicc.org on a smartphone and click DONATE BY TEXT (647) 953-5557.
CASH and CHEQUES:
Please ensure that a safe way is established for accepting cash and cheques. After the service:
- Fill in the Offering Remittance Form.
- Click here for the TAX RECEIPT REQUEST form. Please use the online version.
- Make sure that your email address is at the top.
- For all donations of $20 or more by cheque or cash, include the person’s name, mailing address and offering amount. Do not record any donations that are given online.
- Make a photocopy of your completed Tax Receipt Request Form for your records.
3. Gather all items for the Remittance package/envelope. Include:
- Copy of the completed online Tax Receipt Request Form
- A completed Offering Remittance Form to confirm receipt of your remittance.
- Cheques: Individual offering cheques, and a cheque or money order for the total cash offering.
4. Send your Remittance package/envelope directly to WICC
WICC (Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada)
47 Queen’s Park Crescent East
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I send my offering remittance envelope to WICC? Within 4 weeks of your service or event.
Should I include the service offering envelopes (yellow?) with my remittance? No. Save the service envelopes with your photocopy of the completed Tax Receipt Request Form.
Should I send cash to WICC? No. Please write out one cheque for all the cash donations.
Can my organizing committee deduct expenses from the offerings received? No. By using the World Day of Prayer materials provided by WICC, you enter into an agreement to remit the offerings received at your World Day of Prayer service to WICC.
How will I know WICC has received my remittance? WICC will confirm the receipt of your remittance via completion of the Offering Remittance Form. You can choose to be notified by mail or e-mail.