We are recruiting a World Day of Prayer Field Rep for Manitoba, Quebec and Atlantic Canada (six month contract position working from home) starting in October 2022.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 21, 2022. Call 416.929.5184 with questions.
Organization: Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada
Position Title: World Day of Prayer (WDP) Field Representative (Rep)
Position Type: Part-time 6-month contract (October to March) – average 35 hours/month (more in January-February and less in other months)
Work from home using own computer, phone, and long distance plan
Regions: A team of people supporting all Canadian provinces & territories
The WDP Field Rep is accountable to the Executive Director to support and grow World Day of Prayer (WDP) activity in their region for the Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada (WICC).
NATURE AND SCOPE
WICC is a national Christian women’s non-profit organization with a vision of restoring hope to women touched by injustice. It does this by empowering Christians to pursue justice, peace and reconciliation by standing together in prayer and action.
Our main program is World Day of Prayer (WDP), a worldwide movement that unites Christians in prayer, traditionally on the first Friday of March. In Canada, these services are planned by local coordinators and planning teams. Worship materials and resources are provided by our national office. The offering that is received helps cover the cost of the materials and provides grants, nationally and internationally, to support projects that address injustice and help improve the lives of women and children.
The role of the WDP Field Rep is to strengthen and grow this ministry. By providing support where WDP already exists and by encouraging the participation of individuals and Christian churches that are not yet involved in this ministry in order to help fulfill our vision of restoring hope to women touched by injustice.
This position requires good organizational, communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
Support WDP Coordinators in region using mostly phone and email
- Contact communities who did not have a 2022 WDP service.
- Encourage and support Coordinators to register with a login account on wicc.org and access online WDP resources
- Work with WICC Administrator to maintain a list of active WDP Coordinators in your region
- Provide list of churches to Coordinators to help them advertise their service to new people
- Provide training as needed including transition to online WDP supply orders, use of downloadable materials, and submitting remittances online.
- Invite new/uninvolved churches to participate in WDP and WDP related events
- Recruit new volunteers to help on WDP planning teams
- Network with denominational contacts in the region
- Encourage others to host creative events for small groups
- Encourage churches and other organizations in your region to apply for WDP grants
- Participate with WICC team in online events such as Coordinator training and Festival event
- Participate in monthly online meetings by ZOOM with other WDP Field Reps and regular email communication as needed for support and sharing ideas
- A woman of Christian faith familiar with Canadian ethos
- 2 -3 years experience in non-profit or volunteer work
- Professional and positive phone manner
- Demonstrated skill with computer programs (Google mail, Word, Excel, Zoom)
- A self-starter, well organized, able to work alone and with a team
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Bilingual with ease of communicating in both French and English is an asset
- Experience with the World Day of Prayer is an asset